Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Confucius Says….

…“Traveling this year will bring your life into greater perspective” and “ A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.” Words from my fortune cookies today were much rewarding and words to live by as we plan our move. Some friends and I were treated to a wonderful hot-off-the-stove lunch by our friend, Rani. She made the best fresh-squeezed lemonade (really it was the best, with fresh pulp, mint and even a cherry) and snacks, followed by pot-stickers (also called gyozas, dumplings, turn-overs and other things; but regardless of what you call them, they were good) for appetizers and a vegetarian stir-fry. Our Master Chef Rani whipped it up in front of us and even mixed her own sauces. I felt so guilty about my lunch that I ended up taking the kids to Mama Fu’s in the evening—that is where I got the golden fortune cookies and words of wisdom!