Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Challenge You to a Dual


���I Challenge You to a Dual��� is what my children will say to each other, they each won a sword (yes, actual swords again) at a karate competition this weekend. Both placed 1st place in their respective divisions for their forms performance. My Ashu was awesome; being her first competition she was brave, spoke with a loud voice and did her form, Tuhn Ji��� without hesitation.


What she lacked in tweaks in her form, she more than made up in confidence. I was stage-shy in my growing years, it���s nice to see my children overcoming that so early on. Akshay placed 1st in forms, 2nd in weapons form (bo stag form), and 4th is sparring (his first time sparring, and he even had to spar a couple of kids from his own karate class, which is never easy ��� it���s like fighting a good friend). Sparring is his weakest area in Twae Kwon Do and he did a great job by getting there in the ring and holding his ground. Happy Dualing!