Saturday, April 12, 2008

Walking With Dinosaurs

Today, I took the kids to the "Walking With Dinosaurs" show (www.dinosaurlive.com). The performance was awesome; I wish I had time to refresh my memory about dinosaurs before going though. Some things have changed: apparently there are no more brontosaurus burgers as now they are known as brachiosaurus instead, Sinosauropteryxes have fur instead of previously thought feathers, and T-Rex’s can run only as fast as human walking speed. I was a little hesitant about going at first, but it was well worth it!

The show depicts the dinosaurs’ evolution, complete with the climatic and tectonic changes that took place, which led to the demise of many species. With almost cinematic realism, Walking with Dinosaurs has scenes of the interactions between dinosaurs, and the audience sees how carnivorous dinosaurs evolved to walk on two legs, and how the herbivores fended off their more agile predators.

After the show, the best part was that our friend threw together a wonderful dinner for us from tid-bits in her refrigerator and pantry. Thanks for the great day!