Friday, July 25, 2008

Kalahari Waterpark

Much overdo, we went to our first tourist activity in Ohio today by meeting up with Julie - coming from California - and her family at the Kalahari Waterpark . The park claims to be America's largest indoor waterpark and with its 173,000 square footage, I don’t doubt it. The kids’ favorite was Zimbabwe Zipper where you twirl uncontrollably in a pipe-style enclosed (enclosed as in “in the dark!”) spiral flume that reaches screeching speeds up to 40 miles per hour! My fearless ones insisted on going again and again but after my first round, they were on their own. Akshay and Ashu had a blast with their friends, Mia and Zoe, and I did too; the trip made me remember even more how much I miss having Julie around, as she once told me: we are like sisters - though we don’t look alike - we connect in a way true sisters do.