Friday, August 10, 2007

When I was a kid, I didn’t even have….

…my own laptop. I hear Akshay lecturing his little sister on the woes and worries of the life he has dealt with, and how grateful she should be since she did not have to go through as much. Adults often tell kids things like: “When I was a kid, I had to walk to school in the snow,” or “I only made 10 cents an hour” or “We had to hand-write our papers or suffer using the laborious type-writers.” But Akshay’s version had me rolling on the floor. He tells his sister, she should be grateful because when he was a kid, he did not have his own laptop….he did not have a Gameboy or even Nitendo DS. And just when you think you can not take any more of his suffering, he explains how he had to undergo a 20-minute drive to school, while his fortunate sister only had a 5-minute drive.