Friday, August 24, 2007

Full Spectrum of Emotions

Ashu started Kindergarten this week! On the first day, I had the full spectrum of emotions:

Happiness ��� Today, the first day of school is also her birthday!!! She turned five and started school ��� my little baby made it, though she is no longer a baby: girl is what she is referred to now (though in my heart, she will always be my baby.)
Sad ��� I missed her the moment she left. I held back the already developed tears in my eyes as she was leaving, and they turned into a river flow by the time she pulled away.
Regret ��� It all happened so fast: life, it took me by surprise that the years just passed by.
Panic ��� Ashu was supposed to come home on the bus with her brother. With much anticipation I waited for them, but only her brother came off. Upon seeing the shock on my face, he says, ���He thought I already picked her up.��� It turned out, Akshay���s bus was overcrowded, and they placed her on another bus.
Relief ��� Although the busing company placed on her on the wrong bus, AND at the wrong stop, my displayed bravery. She walked herself home. I can���t believe the busing company would drop a five year old all by herself without any parent in sight���again, on the wrong bus and the wrong stop. Thank God (yes, there is one!), that she had enough courage not to panic and simply walk herself towards our street.

Excitement ��� We celebrated her birthday, and looked forward to the many years we have to look forward to. Attached is a first-day of school photos with her teachers, Mrs. Ferson and Mrs. Beam. I hope they can help her turn her hieroglyphics into English at some point (see photo).