Monday, March 24, 2014
Spartan Race Mud Run
My son is tough as he wanted to experience a race of the warriors, the Spartan Race Mud Run , held at Porter Farms in Concord, NC. The idea behind the run is to return to ancient roots and run event and obstacle courses where facing enemies and getting dirty was par for course. Some of the obstacles included: barb wire crawl, fire jump, spear throw, wall climb, gladiator arena, slippery wall and more. Participants would leap over flames, climb under barbed wire, climb over walls, and other tough challenges all in gruesome mud! Needless to say, being the cautious parents we were, we had a hard time signing up our son and signing off on a liability form that stated that injuries or death could occur. I was on pins and needles the whole time and could not rest easy until he reached safe and sound. We asked him how he felt and his response was: it was one of the best things he has ever done! Meanwhile, I'm breathing easy that all I have to do is apply ointment on some minor cuts and bruises instead of something worst.