Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Our first Halloween in Charlotte!
It’s been a long tradition for us to get together with friends for Halloween and we kept it up this year as well. We did deviate from tradition in our costumes, however – we usually slap them together last minute, but this year I had the dumbstruck idea of starting ahead of time. I ordered Ashu’s costume without a hitch but then spent much time finding her a pirate hook, sword and coins to go with her girl pirate/buccaneer look. For Akshay, we got him a zombie costume but when I brought it home, we discovered it was missing a piece. So I went back the next day and when I showed to him when he got home from school, he said he would rather be something else. So we went to store together to pick out something, this is trip #3 just to keep, but he did not see anything he liked and so we took the zombie costume home. Then after a couple days, he said some kids in his school are all being Angry Birds and that is what he wants too. So we made trip#4 to search for an Angry Bird costume only to be told they are all out and to check back later. When we checked back later, again and again, we were told at some point that they are not getting those costumes anymore at all. To make a long story short, the zombie and the pirate went trick or treating and brought home pounds of candy just the same. We all had a blast with our friends and enjoyed our first Boo Day here.