For great memories, Ashu’s journal in India. Remember she just learned to write, so this version corrected some of her spelling (otherwise it would not have made sense to anyone but us mommies with younger kids in the same boat!):
12/27 - Today I am going to India. I fly Delta. I am at the airport, I can’t wait to see my family. I flied to Atlanta, then the plane is getting ready. When the plane is ready, I will get on the plane and go to Paris. We saw three planes fly up.
12/28 – When we had to go to India, we had to go on two planes. The it was night, then it was daytime. Now flying our third plane, it had a TV.
12/29 – I went to Paltana to visit my uncle and my cousins. We went tot see the new babies. Their names were Yugh and Harshil. Then bhabi had a baby, the baby was born.
12/30 – We went to Surat and I met my Phai.
12/31- I went shopping with my dad and mom.
1/1 – We stayed home. I watched Pokemon.
Jan 4 – I went o Mandva. My Baa and Bhabuji live there.
1/5 – I went to the farm to see the cotton. Me and my brother got to pick it.
1/7 – Then we went to see the water in the well.
1/9 – We took a plane to Delhi. We ate a place called Chutney.
1/10- Tomorrow, we are going to see the Taj Mahal.
1/11 – We get to touch it (the Taj Mahal). Shah Jahan had a wife named Mumtaz. He loved her so much that when she died, he built the Taj Mahal. Then he died.
1/12 – We went to Jaipur and rode on an elephant. We saw Amber Fort.
1/14 – Today is the Kite Flying Festival.
1/15 – I sang to my Brother, it was his birthday.
1/16 – It was the last day to come to America and back home.