They imediately call me back, and of course, I let them know that the call was an accident and that we are fine. I talk to Ashu about the importance of using 9-1-1 for real emergencies and and if she sees a real fire ONLY. When I asked her if she saw a real fire, she responded that she did. It was a real fire; however, it was being shown on TV! later that afternoon and as a further precaution, the police department did show up on our doorsteps to validate my earlier response. We had a long talk with Ashu about emergencies....and not.
Friday, October 26, 2007
9-1-1 Emergency...Not
Ashu learned about fire safety this week with a class field trip to the Sullivan Island's fire station. They learned about what to do incase of a fire, including drop and roll drills and also contacting 9-1-1. Well, my inquisitive child couldn't take the concept at face value, she had to test it: So on a Friday afternoon, she calls 9-1-1.
They imediately call me back, and of course, I let them know that the call was an accident and that we are fine. I talk to Ashu about the importance of using 9-1-1 for real emergencies and and if she sees a real fire ONLY. When I asked her if she saw a real fire, she responded that she did. It was a real fire; however, it was being shown on TV! later that afternoon and as a further precaution, the police department did show up on our doorsteps to validate my earlier response. We had a long talk with Ashu about emergencies....and not.
They imediately call me back, and of course, I let them know that the call was an accident and that we are fine. I talk to Ashu about the importance of using 9-1-1 for real emergencies and and if she sees a real fire ONLY. When I asked her if she saw a real fire, she responded that she did. It was a real fire; however, it was being shown on TV! later that afternoon and as a further precaution, the police department did show up on our doorsteps to validate my earlier response. We had a long talk with Ashu about emergencies....and not.