Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ashu’s Birthday Celebrations!

Yes, she had more than one: it was celebrations this year! Her parents, reactive to the guilt they felt last year for not doing enough, overdid their planning this year’s events. It started with me waking up at 4AM to bake cupcakes to take to her school. I could not sleep, was nervous I would not wake up in time to make them; so instead of rolling around feeling restless, I woke up and baked! Followed by a dinner with friends at Giuseppe’s with food and more cupcakes. Proceeded by a celebration with all her close friends at Blackbeard’s Cove. The kids participated in Go-Kart racing, Climbing Walls, Miniature Golfing and playing time at the arcade and bouncy indoor play system. The kids ended the event with delicious piazza and a Pirate Ship Cake! The adults chatted and enjoyed pizza with spicy chutney and drinks. And the best part of all these celebrations was seeing my little baby, looking back at me as a big girl, in her lovely dresses!